Student Engagement and Leadership is proud to be a part of a continuing UL Lafayette tradition, Student Tailgating! Come join the Ragin’ Cajun community, and get involved with kicking off the fall Athletic season. Space for student tailgating has been reserved at Bourgeois Park (across from Bourgeois Hall), on Cajundome Blvd. Tailgating will take place before home football games on Sep. 1 (vs. Grambling St.), Sep. 22 (vs. Coastal Carolina), Oct. 13 (Homecoming, vs. New Mexico State), Oct. 27 (vs. Arkansas St.), Nov. 10 (vs. Georgia St.), and Nov. 17 (vs. South Alabama).
It’s going to be a great season with our new head coach, Coach Napier, and many new additions to the student experience inside Cajun Field. You will definitely want to start your tailgating in the Student Tailgate Area and then head in to the game to continue celebrating and cheering our Ragin’ Cajuns on for the WIN! Students will need to register for each individual Tailgating event; it's a short form that won't take long to complete. The form is shorter now! Just go to OrgSync or click on this link. We will also be posting a separate link to register for Homecoming Tailgating to accomodate the uniqueness that is a Ragin' Cajun Homecoming!
We’ve made several changes that we think will improve your experience in the Bourgeois Park Student Tailgating area. These changes are a result of two things: 1- the feedback we received from YOU in a survey that we sent out on OrgSync this summer, and 2 – exciting updates to the experience for students inside the game that will be implemented and funded by Athletics.
Here is the rundown of Student Tailgating for the 2018 Football Season:
- Bourgeois Park will be open for Student Tailgating beginning at 7:00 am on Game Days.
- Spaces permitted to be used will be lined and may be claimed on a first come, first served basis.
- Groups may provide their own music.
- FAST PASS will still be available; swipe your ID for quick entrance to Cajun Field (at the UPC tent or from the Fast Pass staff traveling through the student tailgate section on their golf cart!)
- FREE SHADE - a large, shaded area and seating for general use will be available at each home game! Look for the big tent and get out of the sun!
- Security will be present to ensure the safety of all participants.
- Portable bathrooms will be available each home game.
- Garbage and recycling containers will be placed throughout the area.
- All tailgaters will have until the end of the first quarter to leave the area and shut down the tailgate (you have until 10:00 am Sunday to completely clean up your area).
What will no longer be in the Student Tailgating Area but WILL be inside Cajun Field?
- Lots of shade under tents that will be all over the student seating side of the field.
- Additional seating and tables under these tents.
- Student priced concession food (you can use DB!)
- DeeJay – HOT 107.9.
- Ragin’ Cajuns Cheerleaders, Ragin’ Jazz, and the Pride of Acadiana.
- THE GAME!!! GEAUX CAJUNS!!!
Reserve a Space
Students can reserve a space (some even have a free tent) for your friends or a student organization through OrgSync. Log in to OrgSync with your ULID and a password, and complete the form in order to reserve your space. Again, only a limited number of spaces have tents, so the sooner you reserve, the better your opportunity to have one will be.
UPC will have a tent reserved with water and games for those students who do not have a reserved spot. Concessions will be available at a discounted price. You may use your declining balance (DB) to purchase.
Remember to reserve your space early; there are only a limited total number of spaces available to reserve, and they do go quickly.
- HOT 107.9 is providing music.
- Coach Napier, Ragin’ Cajuns team captains, Ragin’ Cajuns Cheerleaders, Ragin’ Jazz, and the Pride of Acadiana will hold a pep rally.
- Students will form a parade from the tailgate area into the game.
Get a Fast Pass into the Game
We also have a Fast Pass into the game opportunity.
- Staff will be set up in the student tailgate area to scan Cajun Cards and hand out wristbands for those individuals to skip the entrance line at Gate E. This opportunity ends 2 hours prior to kickoff, so don't miss it!
- The University's Clear Bag policy still applies. If students choose to bring in a bag, they will need to have their bag checked upon entry. Clear bags are available at our Ragin’ Cajuns Store as well as other local licensed retailers. Clutches are okay, as well as 12 x 12 x 6-inch clear bags.