The Ragin’ Jazz dance team currently consists of 20 dancers. Ragin’ Jazz attends UDA camp during the summer and competes for the UDA national title in Orlando, Fla., in January. The Ragin' Jazz perform at home football games, men and women’s basketball games, home volleyball games, pep rallies, alumni events, and various campus & community public appearances.
Tryouts for the 2017-18 are March 31-April 2, 2017.
2017 RAGIN' JAZZ TRYOUT APPLICATION
Spring college prep clinic dates are February 18, March 18 & March 31, 2017. Visit ragincajuns.com for more info & registration form.
Eligibility requirements to try out for Ragin' Jazz:
- Must be a currently enrolled student at UL Lafayette, with a current semester GPA of 2.0 minimum; an official copy of your transcript is required.
- For incoming freshman or transfer students, must have applied to University and should be accepted prior to tryouts. A copy of acceptance letter is required.
- Must be a full time student in the fall and spring semesters, minimum of 12 hours each semester.
- Must be willing to establish and maintain high academic and social standards.
- Stipends are awarded to veteran members (stipends are not available for first year members) in good standing on the squad and with the University. Stipends range from $500-$700 and are awarded at the end of the fall/spring semesters.
The Ragin’ Jazz competes in the UDA College Championships each year in January.
Practices and Work Outs
Ragin’ Jazz practice and strengthening/conditioning sessions are held throughout the summer, fall semester, winter break and spring semester 3-4 times per week. Practices are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons, workouts scheduled for each semester are 2-3 times per week.