Ragin’ Cajuns cheerleaders are a co-ed squad that represents the University at all home and away football games, home men's and women's basketball games, and home volleyball games. The cheerleaders attend UCA cheerleading camp during the summer, and compete at UCA College National Championships in January. They also represent the University at other non-athletic functions such as alumni events, pep rallies, youth cheer clinics and camps, and community public appearances.
Tryouts for the 2017-2018 season are April 21-23, 2017.
College Prep clinics are February 19 & March 26, 2017. For more info and the registration form for these clinics visit ragincajuns.com
Eligibility requirements to tryout for the Ragin' Cajun cheerleaders:
- Must be a currently enrolled student at UL Lafayette, with a current semester GPA of 2.0 minimum; an official copy of your transcript is required.
- For incoming freshman or transfer students, must have applied to University and should be accepted prior to tryouts. A copy of acceptance letter is required.
- Must be a full time student in the fall & spring semesters, minimum of 12 hours each semester.
- Must be willing to establish & maintain high academic & social standards.
- Out of state students who make the squad will have out-of-state tuition fees waived, thus only paying the in-state tuition fees (special academic requirements must be met).
- Stipends are awarded to veteran members (stipends are not available for first year members) in good standing on the squad and with the University. Stipends range from $500-$700 and are awarded at the end of the fall/spring semesters.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our squad, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Practices and Workouts
Cheer practice and strengthening and condition sessions are held throughout the summer, fall semester, winter break and spring semester 2-3 times per week. The practices are held on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday nights; and strengthening & conditioning workouts twice per week.
The Ragin’ Cajuns cheer program, advisor, and coaches are all AACCA certified and abide by all rules set forth by AACCA and the NCAA.